Sweeney Photography

Sweeney Photography - Specializing in Senior Portraits, Wedding Photography, Senior Portrait photography, Children's Portraits, Family Portraits, Business Portraits and more - located in Madison, WI and also serving Milwaukee WI.


Official Web Site

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Building a new background wall for Senior Portraits

There is a wall in the studio that is just begging to have something a bit more creative to display then the sky blue paint on it right now.  I took a little trip to the home improvement store for inspiration.  I thought my exploration of Menards would prove more fruitful than it did.  Right now I'm torn between an industrial look and something that looks golden/warm/aged.  But half way through typing that sentence I saw something more brightly colored as well.  HELP!!!

If I had more than one wall to play with this wouldn't be so tough.  I'd just do all of them!  But alas, as with Highlander - there can be only one.  So I'm asking you all to help me build a wall.  Senior portrait season is upon me and I need to get this done this weekend.  Other than the standard backgrounds (which I've got lots to choose from) - what do you want to fade away behind you?  I don't want something that will distract the viewer from enjoying the fabulous person in the portrait.  I just want something that will help draw attention and focus to the face in front of it.

I'm pretty handy with paint and other textiles.  I wonder how long it would take me to bedazzle a wall ....  Please post your suggestions.  Creation begins Saturday afternoon.

Here are some samples of the last wall I built.  It's really fun and I'm able to change the look by hitting the background with a light and colored gel.








No comments:

Post a Comment